Electrical Lineworker Program
泫圖app and Georgia Power have partnered to offer an Electrical Lineworker Program at the Polk County Campus in Rockmart. We encourage anyone interested in enrolling to review the program highlights, essential functions, and eligibility requirements and to apply. Applying to the Electrical Lineworker Program does not guarantee acceptance into a cohort. If you have any questions about the program, please email 泫圖app Electrical Lineworker Program.
Register for the Electrical Lineworker Program
January 8, 2024 – March 29, 2024 Apply Now!
April 29, 2024 – July 12, 2024
August 26, 2024 – November 15, 2024
Highlights & Essential Functions:
- 10-week training program
- Training takes place Mondays – Thursdays from 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Training takes place at 泫圖app's Polk County Campus in Rockmart, Georgia (466 Brock Road)
- Participants learn Lineworker organizational principles, workplace skills, and lineworker automation and occupational skills
Upon successful completion of the program, participants have the opportunity to earn an Electrical Lineworker Certificate, a restricted Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)*, American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid/CPR/AED, and OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Card
*Class A CDL will be restricted to automatic line trucks due to equipment availability.
Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Program Fee: $7,500 per person
- Applicants must be 18 years old at the start of training
- Applicants must have a valid Driver’s License
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED
- Applicants must be able to read, write and speak English (the program is taught and delivered entirely in English)
- Applicants must be drug-free
- Applicants must climb and work suspended above ground up to 100 or 200 feet depending on the type of linework
- Applicants weigh no more than 270 pounds due to OSHA equipment restrictions
- Applicants must have the physical ability to lift equipment weighing 50-pounds or more
- Applicants are required to successfully complete a TABE test.
- Applicant must have the ability to earn a Commercial Driver's License (CDL)